NEWS: Idaho’s Simpson: I’d believe Comey over Trump; fired FBI director ‘has the credibility’

Post all political topics related to Idaho here. If it is a news story, please be sure to include a link.

Topic author
Hank

Idaho’s Simpson: I’d believe Comey over Trump; fired FBI director ‘has the credibility’

Post by Hank » Fri May 19, 2017 7:55 am

MAY 18, 2017 1:14 PM
Idaho’s Simpson: I’d believe Comey over Trump; fired FBI director ‘has the credibility’
BY BILL DENTZER

Rep. Mike Simpson, Idaho’s senior congressman, told reporters in Washington Wednesday he’d believe fired FBI Director James Comey over President Donald Trump and said he was concerned that Republicans weren’t getting ahead of a potential crisis similar to Watergate.

““What I’m worried about is, in the early 1970s, politicians like me were standing around saying, ‘Nixon’s okay, he didn’t do anything,’ and look what it led to,” Simpson said in remarks reported by the Washington Post. “And every day there is something that adds on to it.”

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/poli ... 17987.html
From this item: Simpson, serving his tenth term representing Idaho’s 2nd District, has been a consistent supporter of the House Republican leadership and a reliable backer of the caucus agenda – he voted, despite misgivings, for the House Republican health care reform package. But he has been critical of Trump and did not back him for president.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login